Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland offers Aging-in-Place services for income-qualified individuals in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. Services may include the following based on availability:
- Help with functional limitations
- Fall prevention and recovery strategies
- Assistive devices to improve mobility such as raised toilet seats and seats for showers
- Structural adaptations such as grab bars and securing cords and rugs
- And minor home repairs such as fixing holes in floors, tightening handrails on stairways, and improved lighting.
To be eligible, one must:
- Be at least 65 years old
- Reside for at least one year in a home covered by current homeowners policy
- Have difficulty performing at least one activity of daily living (dressing, bathing) or difficulty with instrumental activities of daily living (eg. housework, meal preparation, taking medicine as prescribed) •
- Be income qualified (income for individual participant cannot exceed $41,050 per year)
Click here for more information, including how to apply.
Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland offers free weatherization services for income-qualified homeowners in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. If you or someone you know is interested and eligible, send this form by mail or fax as soon as possible to:
Katie Temple | Project Manager
Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland
8380 Colesville Road, Suite 700, Silver Spring